Inter-Ocean World Exclusive -- Kerry Chooses 2004 Running Mate

Chicago, IL -- John Kerry announced this morning that he has chosen his running mate for the 2004 United States Presidential Election:

Mr. Kerry's statement:

I am running for president because we need a President who is ready and willing on day one to make tough stands and fight the hard battles. I am prepared to fight with all my energy in these next months and provide solutions – not just slogans – to get America back on track. That's why I need someone of integrity, commitment and true valor by my side as my vice president. I am proud to announce that Mr. Lyle Overbay has agreed to stand alongside me in this effort. Together, we will fight for you. We will fight to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the most wealthy - and we will fight to restore honor, integrity and a spirit of fair play to this proud nation's leadership!

Mr. Overbay's statement:

Old pal I have got a big surprise for you. I am going to the White House. I had a run in with Selig yesterday and I guess I told him a thing or 2. I guess he would of been glad to sign me at my own figure before I got threw but I was so mad I would not give him no chance to offer me a contract. So I am going to the White House and I will not go with the Brewers because I have got a raw deal. Selig will be sorry for what he done when his team finishes the season and is up against it for good hitters and then he will probily be willing to give me anything I ask for but that don't do me no good now.

Kerry-Overbay 2004 -- Together, We Will Fight for You!





(Report based on results of Inter-Ocean on-line poll, not any actual statement from Mr. Kerry's campaign. Mr. Overbay's statement taken from Ring Lardner).

Comments

Popular Posts