Winamp Shuffle-Play Controversy, Part III

Here goes: 3,250 songs, the most represented are 150 Glenn Miller songs (in honor of his centeniary) and 112 Gid Tanner and His Skillet Lickers songs. I'll expand to fifteen sample songs, which means I'll probably be too tired to do the full analysis tonight. (I should mention that I'm using Winamp 3.0.) I can't match Scott in that I don't have a lot of album tracks, but we'll see what happens:

1. Texas - "Say What You Want"
2. Ronnie Milsap - "Don't You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me"
3. Glenn Miller - "Don't Wake Up My Heart"
4. Weezer - "Tired of Sex"
5. Bing Crosby - "Now It Can Be Told"
6. New Order - "This Time of Night"
7. Kelly Price - "Friend of Mine"
8. Anne Murray - "Snow Bird"
9. Badly Drawn Boy - "Something to Talk About"
10. Glenn Miller - "The Man with the Mandolin"
11. Blur - "To the End"
12. Replacements - "Black Diamond"
13. Kay Kyser - "Ma (She's Making Eyes at Me)"
14. Frankie Laine - "That's My Desire"
15. Python Lee Jackson - "In a Broken Dream"

Well, this one is a little more nuanced than last time, but I still see a couple threads running through the list (and it was interesting in a post-ironic way to hear R. Kelly trying to defend himself in song during "Friend of Mine"). Full analysis tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts