Another Fast Food Travail: Bigness vs. Tastiness

The other day, I fortuitously took advantage of McDonald's two big and tasties for $3 special. But about halfway through the second big and tasty, I discovered that one big and tasty is good, two big and tasties are bad, and the equilibrium point is somewhere in between. But was this a one-time phenomenon or a hard-and-fast rule?

Today, I was in the neighborhood of a McDonalds around noon, and I repeated my previous order, this time fully aware of the deal I was getting. And, once again, at just about the same point in the second burger, bigness overtook tastiness.

This is very similar to the effect described by the famous Takeda hot dog rule, but not quite the same. I think I'd be very happy with one and a portion of a big and tasty for, say, $2.38.

Comments

Popular Posts