Duks

I did not want to be daunted by the heavy snowfall last night, so I took Morgan on her full evening walk to Smith Park. But by the end, my pants were all wet, my glasses were all fogged up and I was very much ready for the walk to be over -- especially because Morgan seemed to think that if she pulled on the leash hard enough and jumped up and down, she'll magically be able to make all the snow disappear.

And, I had been out of town for a week, so I didn't have any food in my apartment when I returned. This meant venturing into the snow again to get dinner. I didn't want to drive anywhere, so I walked over to the closest fast food place -- Duks at Ashland and Erie -- in spite of being warned (by my real estate agent, no less) that they had been closed down for health code violations a couple of times. When I walked in, the huge cook asked, "What d'you want?" I had to say "cheeseburger" twice before he could hear me. I trudged home and ate the greasiest cheeseburger I've ever encountered. It really made me feel like I should eat some fiber, so I put some breakfast cereal on top of my bowl of ice cream for desert.

Comments

Popular Posts