I May Hate Myself in the Morning

I availed myself of the 427 most popular country and western songs of 1970 today -- a year when the Nashville Sound nearly reached its zenith with such songs as "Rose Garden," "Hello Darlin'" and "He Loves Me All the Way."

It's not perfect, but I also want to plug Lee Ann Womack's latest album. First, it has a great cover:



And it also has a couple of real good songs -- particularly "I May Hate Myself in the Morning" and "There's More Where That Came From" -- I should say good songs if you're prone to like the 427 most popular C&W songs of 1970. As you might judge from the cover, she's going for a Tammy Wynette feel, circa "My Man (Understands)." There's some blah current Nashville stuff, but it's a big step up from the dreck of "I Hope You Dance."

Comments

Popular Posts