Fry's

After Scott's ecstatic reviews -- and inspired by spotting the store from a couple miles up on my last approach into O'Hare -- I decided to visit my local Fry's this weekend (according to their website, the Downers Grove store's theme is "historical pictures of the train station, the Downer Family and local business sites"). I was accompanied by my brother Matt, and my goal was to hold in my hands the Pentax Optio 5si. I didn't buy it, because the Fry's price was about $70 higher than what I can find online, not counting tax. My overall review of Fry's is that they have great selection, but, at least in Downers Grove, they also have extremely harrassing sales people. I don't think we went over two minutes in the store without being asked if we needed help -- until we discovered a blissfully salesperson-free zone in the DVD aisle.

And the question remains -- should I spend $220 on a new digitial camera that could fit in an altoid tin? (I'm thinking of going with the Pentax because I've read a couple good reviews, and I have fond memories of my recently defunct Pentax manual SLR.)

Comments

Popular Posts