News From The North

I telephoned this morning to make sure that my dear brother arrived safely in the North Country. Mom says, Pete spent Saturday night in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, and arrived in Roosevelt early Sunday afternoon. When I called, I was told that Pete had already been up for awhile and had taken the dogs for a walk. As for me, I would have woken up, opened up the door, and said, out ya go, doggies! Or words to that effect... I would think Pete--and Morgan--would enjoy that, seeing as how Morgan always has to be leashed in the City (and, of course, sometimes even in Elgin).

I do confess to some envy of my brother. I like the thought of waking up whenever I want and taking the dogs for a walk in the woods. Perhaps having a cup of tea with mother. Although what with planting season and all (hence slow times over at Letters From The North), who knows if there's time for such things!

Rumor has it, there might be some watching of the Great Jang-Geum this week...and updates?

Comments

Popular Posts