Vacation Update

Here are the activities so far:

I stopped at a Microtel for the night on the trip up -- and, let me tell you, it was no La Quinta. The room was tiny, and my floor seemed to be packed with people who weren't interested in sleeping, but who preferred to run around the corridors all night long. This caused Morgan to emit a constant low growl, which turned into a bark whenever somebody knocked on our door (which happened at two o'clock in the morning) or burst into a yell in the hallway (which happened at about three in the morning). I did manage to sleep, but it wasn't a very restful sleep. No more Microtels for me.

Once in Roosevelt, things went much more smoothly. On Monday, we explored the Beltrami Island wilderness to the south of my parents' house. My dad and I climbed the Faunce fire tower, which rises one hundred and fifty feet above the forest floor.

Yesterday, we went fishing on Lake of the Woods, and I caught four walleyes, while my parents caught none (this might be attributable to the "Just Fish" cap I bought last summer in Escalon, California). A heavy rain drove us back inland.

This morning, I hunted for morels in the forest, but I had more luck attracting ticks.

Future plans include going to International Falls to see my brother and sister-in-law -- and "The Revenge of the Sith."

Well, back to vacationing ...

Comments

Popular Posts