Counties I've Been

Based on this discussion thread, I decided to track down all the United States counties I've driven through or stepped foot in. The results are below -- green being the counties I've visited and maroon the counties I've lived in.

A couple anomolies cropped up. I don't know which county I was in when I was at DFW, so I just colored in both. I really shouldn't count either, because I was only in Texas about an hour.

The other is more mysterious. I have vivid memories of driving through Lake George, New York. I believe I had just read "An American Tragedy" -- I remember thinking about someone drowning in such a beautiful setting. But looking at the map, I don't know where I would have been coming from or where I would have been going. So, rather than guess, I just colored in Warren County and left it at that. It's the one green county in New York not connected to any of the others.

I'm not vouching for 100% accuracy -- if you see any mistakes, let me know:

Comments

Popular Posts