Great Gene Austin Songs, In Order

I noticed that the number of posts on the Inter-Ocean Parabolic has just, for the first time, fallen behind those of the Midlothian Campaign. I'd accuse my fellow editor of excessive prolixity, but I believe his recent upsurge is due to a flurry of one or two word messages followed by a link.

So, to even the score a little, I thought I'd post, in order, my favorite songs by one of the most popular recording artists of the third decade of the previous century:

1. Yes, Sir, That's My Baby (Most popular song of 1925)
2. Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue (Fourteenth most popular song of 1928)
3. Carolina Moon (Third most popular song of 1929)
4. Bye, Bye Blackbird (Seventh most popular song of 1926)
5. My Blue Heaven (Most popular song of 1927)
6. Sleepy Time Gal (Thirty-first most popular song of 1926)

Comments

Popular Posts