Sugar Busting Challenges

I've been trying to avoid foods with high quantities of processed sugars for the past month or so, but this weekend, I fell off the wagon twice.

First was Saturday. Another sweltering afternoon, and I decided to take Morgan for a walk. But about a block into the walk, Morgan gave me her version of "Uh, uh, this ain't happenin'" -- she picked a shady spot on the sidewalk, lay down and refused to budge. I coaxed her back home and headed up to Walgreens to get a Dr. Pepper. I figured if I was ever going to drink a Dr. Pepper again, now was the time.

Then on Sunday, I happened to be by the Fox & Obel grocery store downtown, and I was craving a cookie. My mental gymnastics jumped to the idea that a cookie from Fox and Obel would probably be made from organic expeller pressed cane sugar, or something like that. I also bought a "white tea bud" iced tea (bringing the total bill for my snack to about $6), which, a couple weeks ago, I overheard some wealthy, skinny-dipping, Marin county hikers saying was an excellent antioxidant. But that's a story for part two of my vacation recap.

Comments

Popular Posts