Good-bye, My Yahoo

I recently switched DSL providers. I was ensnared by SBC because they were offering twice the speed at half the cost of my older provider. This after I vowed to avoid SBC as much as possible because they charged me for a useless linebacker service that I never requested -- and only refunded my money after losing a class-action lawsuit.

But that's neither here nor there. An odd effect of the changeover is that I need to abandon my current homepage, My Yahoo. Oddly enough, because Yahoo is partnering with SBC to provide content and because SBC only supports Internet Explorer and Netscape, I can no longer log into my old homepage using Opera.

But I did discover that Google offers virtually the same thing, which I'm now using for my homepage:

Personalized Google

Comments

Popular Posts