IDEQ 210V

Here's my new rig, up and running:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was a barebones system, so I had to put in the processor, the hard drive, the memory and the DVD and floppy and then install windows. Things went pretty smoothly at first, except that I may have put way too much thermal grease between my processor and heat sink. (The instructions said, "You should see little raised peaks or ridges evenly spreading all over the chip and heat sink in which there is good contact between the two." My little peaks were more like globs.)

But the real trouble came when I tried to install windows. Against the advice of one of my fellow bloggers, I purchased a serial ATA drive, which doesn't allow windows to be installed on it without pressing a series of F6's and inserting floppy disks. But after two days of trying, I finally got things going -- and now I'm typing my first blog entry -- with my new wireless keyboard -- and watching it appear on my crystal clear Hyundai monitor.

Comments

Popular Posts