Several Dog Walking Experiences

A couple weeks ago, I was walking my dog past the local elementary school. Two boys -- probably about twelve or thirteen years old -- passed me by, and I heard one say to the other, "You see, I'm going to be a businessman. But my business is going to be pimpin'!"

And then, the other morning, I was walking Morgan in the neighborhood east of my house. I heard sudden footsteps behind me -- and turned to see a fellow running up out of breath with a puppy in tow. He said that he ran to catch up with me, because he saw my dog and was wondering if I knew anything about the puppy he found last night. And when I looked closer, I was surprised to see that the puppy did look almost exactly like Morgan, except that its eyes were both the same color. He said he found it just wandering around and was now putting up signs in hopes of reuniting it with its owner. He asked me what kind of dog Morgan was, so he could write it on the sign -- and he suggested describing the puppy as a hound. I said I'd always considered Morgan a pointer.

I didn't mention that he had actually found an extremely rare Morgan Pointer ...

Comments

Popular Posts