Quiet Time

Whew!

What a long weekend!

Pete came out on Saturday, and we took Rainey and Morgan out to a forest preserve up by Elgin that we had been to before, so we could let the dogs run. They did run a bit, but then the humidity got to them, as it did to me, too. Every once in awhile, Morgan and Rainey would just drop down in the shade and refuse to move. Finally, we made it back to where we started, where we thought there was a nice looking pond for the dogs to get a drink. Rainey jumped right in as usual, but unfortunately, it turns out, the edges of the pond were a scummy sort of quicksand.

Perhaps needless to say, a foul stench eminating from the back seat of my car accompanied our trip back to St. Charles...

We made it back to St. Charles just around four, and I had to give the dogs a bath, before taking my own shower and getting ready to go out with my friend, Ron.

At about 1:15 a.m. and a couple of beers later, I returned to the digs and took Rainey and Morgan for their evening walk. Ok, so it wasn't quite as long as it might have been. I did walk down to the park and back, though, which kind of impressed myself, I have to say.

Today involved being woken early--way too early--and trying to ignore the dogs as long as I could. Then, ummm, lemme see...I went to get a new vacuum, which was a bit overdue...and ummm, there were the 2 puking incidents in the car. Interestingly enough, it was Rainey, not Morgan. Seems Rainey and Morgan share a trait in that rawhide seems to upset their stomachs. I won't go into detail about how I found out it was the rawhide, but suffice it to say, I came to that conclusion while cleaning the car.

Then, there was Rainey going number 1 inside several times, as well as a number 2 incident. Then there was Rainey...

Well, the short of the story is, she was really good all week, but ever since Morgan arrived (she is visiting a few days while Pete is in St. Louis, for those not in the know), it seems like Rainey just totally went off the deep end. Weird. Morgan has been a perfectly fine guest--except the part about refusing to stop barking at Ron. So, I can't really blame Morgan for being a bad influence.

But anyway, at long last, here I sit, with Sunday night football on, poor Rainey getting a little down time in her crate, and Morgan sleeping on my feet. Ahhh...rest and relaxation...

Too bad I have to get up early enough to take the dogs for a walk before catching that early train downtown...oy...I never was much of a morning person...

Comments

Popular Posts