I'm Thinking Of Writing A Play In Three Acts...Thus...

When O'er My Sins I Sorrow

Dramatis Personae
Emmeline, a woman in her 20's and Essie's new boarder
Gamaliel, a man in his 20's, and a friend and neighbor to Essie
Essie, an older, motherly woman

ACT I

Scene I

(A small sitting room with old, dusty furniture; there is a piano to the left, a couch in the center, and a chair to the right)

(Enter Essie, who sits on the couch, and Emmeline, who sits on the chair.)

Essie: You'll love it here. My husband always loved it here.

Emmeline: This room, may I sit here, nights?

Essie: Yes, of course, you may.

Emmeline: I feel I should like to sit here, nights. (She walks over to the piano.) There is a piano, here. I used to play the piano.

Essie: Oh, I'd love to hear you play! What do you play?

Emmeline: I used to play at my church--that was so long ago, it seems. I was only a child, then. I'm afraid I can't play very well, anymore. Oh! I feel so cold.

Comments

Popular Posts