Could It Be: Vindication?

Yes, I know you all are bored by my Gamefly story and think I'm on some windmill-tilting crusade. However, if that is what you think, I recommend checking out Consumer Reports and SFGate.com. This Webloyalty place is a scam, they know it, and they don't give a crap.

According to the SFGate.com article, "70 internet heavyweights" are affiliated with this scam. I personally will not knowingly patronize any of these "heavyweights."

To date, these are the ones that I know of, and I urge everyone else to boycott these companies as well:

Gamefly.com
Expedia.com
Hotels.com
Fandango.com
Half.com
American Greetings
Broderbund
Chadwick's
Classmates.com
Drugstore.com
EB Games.com
Lane Bryant Catalog
MovieTickets.com
PETCO
Priceline
The Learning Company
United Online
Haband Online
Joann.com
Lillian Vernon
Marketworks.com
Time-Life
AirportParkingReservations.com

According to prwebdirect.com, "By partnering with leading companies, Webloyalty grew its revenues by 56% to $86.2 million in 2004 from $55.4 million in 2003." Nice little scam they have going there. (No, Kevin, I don't know whether you can invest in it.)

Beware of the various guises of Webloyalty, including: Reservation Rewards, Travel Values Plus, Buyer Assurance, Wallet Shield, and Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

Comments

Popular Posts