Star Coffee For Small Bucks

Lately, when I have been going to the Dunkin' Donuts at North Ave. & Hwy 59, I have noticed that the guy who asks me what I want seems unnaturally friendly, and concludes with something along the lines of, "Thank you for stopping at Dunkin' Donuts, see you again tomorrow."

And then, yesterday, when I went to the Dunkin' Donuts further south on Hwy 59, the young man that handed me my coffee (large, black, please) and coffee cake muffin was very pleasant and looking me in the eye.

And for some reason, all of a sudden, it struck me. Dunkin' Donuts is evidently on a new campaign to compete with and/or imitate Starbucks!

I know, I'm a little slow on things like this.

I can't say I'm particularly pleased by it, though. I have been perfectly happy with Dunkin' Donuts for years. I have many fond memories--like Kanako teaching me how to drink my hot coffee and walk down Clark at the same time, without spilling on myself.

And, of course, curmudgeon that I am, when they just take my money and give me what I want, and they are not unnaturally friendly or rude, either way, I'm ok with that.

But if it helps Dunkin' Donuts, I guess I'm ok with that.

Comments

Popular Posts