Meeting Mayor Gladhand

Today, a co-worker and I ventured into San Francisco for the opening of a new housing development for low income families in the Tenderloin. After terrifying my co-worker by practically running over a group of pedestrians (I just can't get used to how they walk right in front of traffic out here), we toured the home and waited for Mayor Newsom to show up to give a speech. Much to our surprise, the Mayor walked right up to us, and shook both of our hands (in the picture in the newspaper article, I'm just outside of the frame on the right). It reminded me of Mayor Daley, who every Christmas would visit my old place of work and give an awkward speech -- and never got anywhere near the underlings listening to him.

Another sign I'm in California. Now, I've got to try to meet Jerry Brown before he leaves office.

Comments

Popular Posts