Good Dog

Since Pete likes to show off with Morgan doing the "down" trick (lying on the floor), I decided I should teach Rainey that one, too. I'm happy to say, Rainey can do it, too. She gives me that look like she doesn't really understand why I would want her to do such a thing--sort of like when I first taught her to sit--, but when she found out treats are involved, I guess she figured it was all right. Charlee Bear liver treats are the best--almost as good as a slimy stick taken out of the river.

Ok, I admit, I still have to be somewhat near her and pointing at the floor. I haven't tried it from several feet away like Pete does. But we're getting there. At least, I don't have to have a hand on her to guide her down, anymore.

Oh, did I mention? I notice a lot of people often looking at Rainey as we walk by, and sometimes, like yesterday, a person will say, "Beautiful dog!" Of course, what can I really say, I have to agree. Rainey does seem to sort of stand out, though. I decided I think it has to do with the combination of looking like a black lab, but being slightly different than most--namely, being slight.

So, if you want to find yourself a unique dog, I recommend a irish setter/german shorthaired pointer mix (ok, maybe part black lab).

Comments

Popular Posts