The Most I've Ever Paid To Watch A Movie I've Already Seen

When the movie Munich came out, I thought I would really like to see it. I didn't make the effort to go see it in the theater, though. So, this weekend, I saw it was out on DVD and thought, what the heck, I'll treat myself. So, I bought it for $19.99. I know, that's a lot for a movie, and I don't normally do that. But there you go. Then, I got home and put it in my DVD player--which picked that day to stop working.

So, I tried to decide what I should do.

I called Pete, who suggested, can't I watch it on my computer. Well, I didn't really want to do that, but then we discussed, couldn't I get a cable to watch it through my computer on my tv. Apparently I could have, if I'd have spent about $30.00 on a s-video cable and moved my computer and desk and all nearer the tv, where I don't really want it. Or, I could by a new DVD player for about $60.00. I chose the latter.

Finally, I got to see my movie. Then, not too far into the movie, it occurred to me that I felt like I had seen the movie before. And I believe I have. I'm sure of it. I can't remember the name of the other one, or how old it is, but I'm sure this Munich is just basically a remake. And I recall liking the other one better.

So, all in all, Munich was ok, but I can't recommend spending $80.00 to see it.

Comments

Popular Posts