Quiz Night

I was asked to serve as an alternate on a pub quiz team last night, so at 8:30 in the evening I drove across the Bay Bridge and well into the Sunset District of San Francisco to an Irish bar named Durrty Nellies.

When I got there, Mac laid out the scene. Our arch-rivals, the Horny Toads, were nursing their beers in dark corner of the bar. Our team was made up of seven players, the quiz questions would come fast and furious -- and I'd have to be at the top of my game -- or I'd be cut from the team (not really).

In the end, the Horny Toads didn't even offer competition, but another mystery team was ahead of us after the second to last round. Before the last round, we pulled into a tie game. And in the end, our team was victorious. I don't believe Sei's contribution was missed at all, but we could have used Melissa's knowledge of Turkish torture techniques to answer what part of the body falakka targets.

As the winners, we had the choice between two envelopes, one being the jackpot. By chance, we chose the jackpot, which was $325, so I walked away at the end of the night $46 richer.

Comments

Popular Posts