Disheartening, Part II

On Friday night, I went to a Mexican restaraunt in one of the more vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland. The restaraunt specializes in some sort of ground corn cake stuffed with beans. I ordered that topped with cactus and ribs, and I decided to get a beer to go with it. I scanned the listing of Mexican beers, and amid the Corona, Tecate and Pacifica, I saw a beer I had never heard of. It was called "Obdules," which sounded intriguing, so I decided to give it a try.

Imagine my surprise when the friendly young waitress brought out a bottle of non-alcoholic O'Douls with a wedge of lime sticking out of the top. Some of my tablemates protested that I hadn't ordered that -- but it quickly dawned on me that yes, I had.

The O'Douls actually was sort of refreshing. I drank it quickly and ordered a Tecate chaser.

Comments

Popular Posts