Terrified of Driving a Car

Last week was one of those weeks in which I found myself waking up in the morning, going to work, coming home, walking the dog and going to sleep. That schedule didn't leave a lot of time for posting stuff on my blog. I've gotten quite behind on the blog mix, but I'm planning to catch up this week:

IOP Track 7 "He Lives under a Waterfall"

Last weekend, I went over the to San Francisco to pick up my new eyeglasses, and, afterwards, I wandered through Chinatown with Kanako and Sei, where I was sorely tempted to buy a digital camera from one of the camera shops that, for some reason, pop up every other storefront along the main drag and, curiously, seem to be owned by Russians rather than Chinese:

IOP Track 8 "Big Fish Eat the Little Ones"

After Chinatown, we went to the famous El Farrolito burrito shop in the Mission, where I decided to order a super burrito with deep fried pork as the filling. It tasted mighty good going down, but afterwards, it was sitting in my stomach like a rock.

As I hopped onto the freeway hoping to make a quick exit out of the West Bay back to Oakland, I was dismayed to see a huge lineup of cars about three miles before the Bay Bridge. But as upset as I was, Morgan was even more upset by the stop and go traffic, and unfortunately, she had just finished Christine's half eaten burrito.

So, as I sat in a traffic jam on a Saturday night with a huge rock of deep fried pork burrito in my stomach, I was greeted with the overwhelming smell of doggy burrito puke. And that's the El Farrolito burrito puke story. But after the link, I'll tell you the happy ending:

IOP Track 9 "Oh, I like dat sport, sittin' in de hay!"

Morgan, not one to stand on ceremony, had "second burrito" by the time we got to the bridge, making most of the smell go away.

Comments

Popular Posts