The Four Airport Tour

I should be tired right now, but I just drank a huge Dr. Pepper.

Today, I did something a little unusual. I flew two different flights that each departed and arrived in different airports.

First, this morning, I flew out of National Airport in Washington DC, and flew into La Guardia Airport in New York. After a day in Tarrytown, New York, I flew out of JFK Airport and into Oakland Airport in California.

The most notable thing about this is that I had another negative experience at JFK (and with jetBlue).

The first sign of trouble was that I was pulled aside for the super search, where TSA swabbed down my luggage and searched my person exstensively.

Then, after we boarded our plane, the captain told us casually that we'd probably need to taxi for an hour because of back-ups at the airport. It turns out we taxied more like an hour and a half. Then, just before we were about to take off, they discovered something was wrong with one of the engines, so we had to go back to the gate and wait another hour and a half while they fixed it.

So, the final leg of my four legged flight plan today ended up being nine hours, with just the meager jetBlue snacks to tide me over. That's why I pulled through In n' Out on the way home and bought a cheeseburger and a large Dr. Pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts