Two Updates: Sorghum and Buy.com

After a long winter, spring has sprung here in Northern California.  The lemons are ripening outside my back door, and the air is filled with the balmy scent of redwoods and eucalyptus.

When I added a cup of sorghum flour to my bread, it made it a much flatter loaf, and it added a taste similar to corn meal.  I think I'll experiment with adding just half of a cup this weekend.

And, after about fifteen emails, the customer service computer at Buy.com has relented.  I think I hit the correct keyword when, among my rants about bait-and-switch and fraud and angry blog posts, I mentioned that the supposedly expedited shipping had taken over three weeks.  This is the response I received:

We apologize for the delay in delivering your order. A credit has been
requested in the amount of $7.04, for the late delivery of your order.
Please allow one to three business days for this credit to be applied
to your account.

Sincerely,

Philip
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

Comments

Popular Posts