Country Music

Apparently, it's been a while since San Francisco has had a country music station. Just a few weeks ago, a new one started broadcasting. It's called "The Wolf," which continues the trend of new radio stations coming up with a lame name for themselves and repeating it a thousand times a day.

I haven't been in a country music mood for several years, but I've been listening on my way to work because the new station is playing 10,000 songs in a row commercial free. One thing I've noticed is that they are probably the one country station in the United States that still plays the Dixie Chicks. Other than that, most modern country still seems to be pure shlock, although I like the song that goes, "If you're rowin' through hell, just keep rowin'."

And then driving home from work today, I heard the opening strains of "How Can I Help You to Say Good-Bye." As I would with any Patty Loveless song, I turned up the volume, and I think there must have been a glare on the windshield from the sun, because toward the last verse I had to wipe my eyes a little bit.

Comments

Popular Posts