Embrace Hits the Big Time

I was driving over to San Francisco last night, because I needed to drop Morgan off with Kanako and Paul. Today, my apartment building is being inspected in preparation for its sale, and I didn't think Morgan should stay home all day and bark at the nice people who might boot me out of my apartment, or raise my rent or ...

So, I was making my way across the Bay Bridge when a commercial for the new Adam Sandler movie (I forget its name) came on the radio. Imagine my surprise when, in the background, I could just make out the lilting melody of a very familiar song.

It was "Ashes" by Embrace! And that's the first time I've ever heard them on the radio. I wonder if this will be the big break they need to crack open the American market.

It could happen. I was a UB40 fan two years before "Red, Red Wine."

Comments

Popular Posts