Nutro Disillusionment

The day that I got my dog, Morgan, I was still a little confused about all the stuff I needed to take care of my new pet. I asked the person who had been fostering Morgan what pet food she'd recommend. She said that Morgan would eat anything (which is true). She said I should just pick a higher quality pet food like Nutro lamb and rice.

Since then, I've fed Morgan Nutro every day, giving her a couple handfuls in the morning and a couple handfuls at night. Imagine my surprise when I was looking at the recent list of recalled brands of pet food and saw Nutro on the list.

I'm not so upset that Nutro is part of a recall, but that Nutro has such lax quality standards that they are willing to sell pet food made from the same cheap ingredients and in the same factory as the lowest quality store brands. Fortunately, the kibble I feed Morgan isn't among the recalled products, but for me and my pet -- no more Nutro! (That is, after she finishes off the two and a half bags I've already bought.)

Comments

Popular Posts