Obama!

I went to see Barack Obama speak in downtown Oakland today. In the picture below, I was under the big oak tree directly behind the blue canvas protecting the audio equipment. So, I could hear really well, but I couldn't see very much.



I thought, going in, that I would be convinced to vote for Obama in the California primary next year, but I'm still not sold. I think he's being too tentative on Iraq. He stated the war was wrong, but spent a lot of the speech talking about healthcare and education. He had some good lines about being experienced in everything but being a Washington insider. The end of the speech was good, when he implored the people of Oakland to walk alongside him and create a change in our country. But, overall, I thought that Ron Dellums, my new mayor, gave a more stirring speech.

Comments

Popular Posts