Pooches

Last week, I was dog-sitting Nelly, who is as sweet a pooch as you'll ever meet.  On President's Day, I went wine tasting in Livermore with Sei and Christine, and for some reason, even though they never do this, both Morgan and Nelly barked all day while I was gone.  (On a side note, we discovered a really good but not too expensive winery.)  I think they saw me leaving with the Lee family and felt left out.  This caused my upstairs neighbor to call my landlord to complain.  My landlord said I had to do something, because my neighbor works at home all day and couldn't take a week's worth of barking.

I was pretty sure the dogs wouldn't bark like that again, but I didn't want to risk it, so I started taking both dogs to work every day.  It was actually a nice stress reliever to take the dogs for a walk during the work day, and neither seemed to mind sitting in the car all day.

In fact, now that Nelly's gone home, Morgan still gets excited in the morning, thinking that she can go to work with me.  She jumps around and tries to make me feel guilty in every way possible.  I just hope that she doesn't figure out that the way to get to go along is to start barking!

Speaking of dogs, Morgan gave absolutely no sign of the impending earthquake last night.  In fact, she didn't start barking until it was over.

Comments

Popular Posts