Yowza! My Monday Morning Commute Just Got More Complicated

Crews cleaning up after crash melts freeway:



Every morning, I take westbound I-580 through this interchange to get to eastbound I-80. This crash took out the eastbound I-80 feeder ramp to eastbound I-580, so it doesn't directly affect my route. On the way home, though, I take the westbound I-80 feeder to eastbound I-580, which is right next to where the crash occurred:



I have to say this is one of the worst designed freeway intersections I've ever encountered. Even in the best of scenarios, I-580 westbound backs up every morning, because the Route 24 traffic headed toward San Francisco merges in right before the intersection and the drivers from both directions have to cut across two or three lanes to get where they want to go. I've had lots of road rage directed my way as I merge onto the ramp at the very last minute.

Comments

Popular Posts