Direct Mailing Tips

Today, I received the following email from John Edwards (ok, from his campaign):

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for signing our petition to Congress asking them to stand up to Bush and end the war. We're at 82,000 signatures now and to hit our goal you and I really need to work together.

Below you can see the note I sent yesterday to my email list. Can you forward it to yours? Or, better yet, add your own note asking the folks you know to sign up. See if you can make sure that at least one new person signs up to join our call.

Between us, I know we can get to 100,000 signatures this week and really turn up the heat on Congress to end this war.

Thanks so much,

John

I have to say, even though I know it's a cleverly crafted message from some person other than John Edwards--someone, say, like my brother--, it sure makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I'm on a first name basis with John! Seriously. Or, maybe it's that knowing Pete and Kevin and hearing about their business, I'm appreciative of the effort taken by the campaign to think of such a strategy to make it all seem so personal. I like it. And, of course, I like Edwards...ahem, John...

Oh yeah, if you were just thinking to yourself, hey!, what about the petition?, I want to help!, the link is here.

Comments

Popular Posts