Should I Sue Grape-Nuts?

The other week, I was opening a new box of grape-nuts that seemed to be welded shut. First, I had to open the cardboard portion, so I slipped the index finger of my right hand under the flap. As I attempted to release the flap by sliding my finger across the box, I felt a sudden jerk. I pushed harder and was rewarded with a shooting pain at the base of my index finger.

But that's not all. After I got the box open, I needed to open the plastic liner inside. This required such a great level of force, that my already sprained finger was hurt even more. And, what's worse, I pulled so hard that the plastic bag ripped open in a sudden explosion, spreading grape-nuts across my kitchen floor.

I was reminded of this incident this morning, as I attempted to slice a bagel in half and felt the pain in my index finger. The poorly packaged grape-nuts are clearly affecting my quality of life. How much compensation do you think I deserve?

Comments

Popular Posts