Let Down by Amalgamated Bank

I just had a tussle with National City Bank about the foreign transaction fees they charged me while I was in Italy. I cancelled my visa card with them, because they would not bend on charging me these bogus fees (for background on this ripoff, see here.)

So imagine my dismay when I got the statement for my one remaining credit card from Amalgamated Bank of Chicago, and they stated that they were now adding a 3% foreign transaction fee to all accounts.

I specifically chose to get a credit card with Amalgamated because they are bank that works with unions, and, therefore has very strong pro-consumer policies. In other words, they haven't tried to rip me off at every turn like other credit cards. Until now that is. I've written them an email expressing my dismay. We'll see how they respond.

Comments

Popular Posts