What I Did Today

Today, I woke up around 7:45, and I took my dog, Morgan, for a walk. It was a gray morning, and when I first stepped out of the house, a few drops of rain splashed my face.

After the morning walk, I intended to do laundry, but I remembered I was out of quarters, so I made myself breakfast instead. I had coffee, grape juice, carrot juice and two pieces of toast with butter.

I took a shower, and became curious about the ingredients in my shampoo. So, after the shower, I spent a while looking up chemical compounds on Wikipedia. It is a myth that sodium laureth sulfate is a carcinogen.

Soon it was time for lunch. I had a salad, three pieces of bacon and two more pieces of toast with butter. After lunch, I dropped some of my finer laundry off at the lauderette down the street, and then I walked a couple more blocks to get my hair cut.

With my hair freshly cut, I wandered down Grand Street and stopped in at the used book store and then 7-11, where I bought a Dr. Pepper.

I remembered that I needed a wire brush to clean out the inside of my brown jug before I could put the Wild Turkey I bought last week in it. (By the way, Wild Turkey is very strong, so I think I won't need to buy more for my brown jug for a great while.) I went to the hardware store and bought the brush. It cost $2.79.

I came home, took a nap and then set about to clean the jug:



Who knows what the evening holds! But now it's time to take Morgan on her late afternoon walk.

Comments

Popular Posts