Extreme Action at the Dog Park

Tonight was a cool and sunny August evening, so I decided to take Nellie and Morgan to the dog park in Berkeley for a walk. We were wandering around the off-leash area for a while, when Morgan found a rabbit in its lair. The rabbit took off like a shot, with Morgan chasing after it, making the whimpering noise she makes when she's chasing prey. Nellie at first was oblivious to what was going on, but when she saw the rabbit and Morgan race by, she took off after them. I grew concerned as I saw the rabbit streak out of the off-leash area and onto the broad field of the park, where many people come to fly kites. As I ran toward the field, I heard a rustling in the grass, and I was relieved to see Morgan jogging toward me. She hadn't chased the rabbit more than 100 yards. But then, far off in the distance, I saw rabbit running along a ridge with Nellie in hot pursuit. If there's anything Nellie loves, it's chasing rodents small mammals. Luckily, she gave up eventually, and the rabbit escaped unscathed. I had to call out repeatedly to Nellie as she trotted back across the full length of the park.

After that, we took a stroll along San Francisco Bay.  We cooled from the excitement in the brisk Pacific wind, which blew directly at us through the Golden Gate. Here's a video I took with my phone of the two adventurous dogs:

Comments

Popular Posts