Keep Your Fingers Crossed

I took Morgan to the veterinarian this week to get her yearly shots, and in an offhand way, I mentioned to the vet that she had a lump in her skin near her hindquarters.  I wasn't too worried, because she had a similar lump when we lived in Chicago, and the vet then told me it was probably just a fatty deposit.  

But this vet recommended a test to make sure it wasn't a tumor.  And, today, the results came in, and it turns out it is a mast cell tumor.  The good news is that they believe it's a level 1 or 2, which is much less serious than a 3 or a 4. The bad news is that Morgan needs surgery, which she is going to have next Friday.  If the initial assessment of the tumor is correct, Morgan's prognosis is good.  But they can't say for sure until it is removed and analyzed, along with the tissue around it.

So keep your fingers crossed.  

(The other bad news is that this isn't the greatest hit for my pocketbook to take, right after I bought a house!)   

Comments

Popular Posts