25 Random Things

Because many of the readers of the Inter-Ocean Parabolic aren't Facebook friends of mine, I thought I'd repost my 25 random things list here. Currently very popular on Facebook, the idea is to post 25 completely random things about yourself, and to invite your friends to do the same.

So without further ado, here is my list:

1. I went to high school in the town that is the birthplace of waterskiing. They had a sculpture to commemorate waterskiing's birth that my brother and I called the golden guernsey symbol.

2. I make popcorn with unrefined peanut oil.

3. I grind my coffee beans every morning with an old hand grinder, and brew the coffee in a stovetop mokka pot.

4. Someday, I'd like to retire to a farm in Wisconsin, and keep a donkey.

5. I went through a phase where I ordered the ArchDeluxe at McDonalds just because I liked the logo.

6. I've been writing chapter three of my epic fantasy novel for the past decade.

7. If I had to choose a time period in the past to have lived my life, I would pick 1865 to 1962. The downside to this is that I'd be dead now.

8. In college, I doodled freeway interchanges in the margins of my notepads.

9. Because my employer has an excellent matching gift program, I've been donating money to help save the family farm.

10. I bought a t-shirt at the birthplace of Hamlin Garland that I still wear occasionally.

11. I think that Wheeler and Woolsey are more funny than the Marx Brothers. But I had never heard of Wheeler and Woolsey before two months ago, so this may be a temporary phase.

12. Around 70 percent of my life has been spent within five miles of Lake Michigan. This percentage is now steadily decreasing.

13. As a child, my favorite weed was lambs quarters, and my favorite superhero was Lightning Lad.

14. The last time I went waterskiing, my arms were so sore the next day I couldn't squeeze ketchup from a bottle.

15. My signature karaoke tune is "After the Lovin'"

16. When I was in high school, I went on an abbreviated vision quest in Frontenac State Park. This quest has determined the initials for my email addresses and various other user names ever since.

17. If I'm ever on the lam from the law, I'm going to hide out in Theilman, Minnesota.

18. My last name means "sheaf of straw," according to some sources.

19. I used to keep small rocks as souvenirs of scenic places I'd been. I still keep several of these small rocks on top of a bookcase, but now I have no idea where they are from.

20. I hated country music until I got a job at the Get n' Go gas station, and was forced to listen to it all night long.

21. My favorite country music performers are the Kendalls, Conway Twitty, Kitty Wells and Tracy Lawrence.

22. I was last chair of the third trombones in high school band.

23. When people ask me where I'm from, I say either Wisconsin, Minnesota, Chicago or Oakland. But I was born in New York.

24. I've created a map of every county I've been to in the USA, that I will upload to this note when I have a chance.

25. The motto of my blog is " ... It became surcharged with bitterness, atrabiliar."

Comments

Popular Posts