My Dream House Is For Sale


When I first moved to Oakland, I lived near the border of Piedmont, a nice suburb filled with large homes and manicured lawns.  It was  a great place to walk the dog on a Sunday morning.  As I wandered through the quiet streets, I'd often try to pick out which house I'd like to call my own, as soon as I managed to make my millions.  I changed my mind a couple times, but finally settled on a house at the corner of Muir and La Salle.  I liked that it was on a street named after a famous naturalist, and I liked that it looked like an English cottage straight out of a Trollope novel.  And I could tell that, from its upper story, it had a sweeping view of San Francisco Bay.

Today, I saw that my dream house is on the market.  Anybody want to lend me $3.5 million?

Comments

Popular Posts