Obama Peace Prize



Ok, first, I admit I'm in the category of being a little bit less than clear on the basis for awarding the prize.

However, I am an American, and I think it's an honor we should be proud of, and I think the Republican response is just plain embarassing.

But it shouldn't be a suprise--it's the same old Republican meme/syllogism: peace is weak, Democrats work to preserve peace, therefore Democrats are weak. And, of course: Republicans are always ready and willing to start a war, therefore they are strong. I don't get it, but too many voters (in my opinion) still seem to buy it.

Thus, while I think saying the Republicans have thrown in their lot with terrorists is a bit strong (keeping in mind that the Republicans do not hesitate to say the same about Democrats), I do believe the response demonstrates two things: 1) the unmitigated Republican opposition to Obama just because of the mere fact that he is President and one of their own is not, and 2) their preference for violence over peace. I'm not afraid to say, I prefer peace.

(*And, just as an aside, if you follow the link, you may notice the RedState response: "I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota," wrote Erick Erickson, of the site RedState.com, "but that is the only thing I can think of for this news." Enough said.)

Comments

Popular Posts