Joining The 2010's

Not long ago, I found out I was eligible for an upgrade on my cell phone, and that lo! and behold (pun intended), one of my choices--for free--was the Samsung Behold II...ok, it's not an IPhone, but hey, it is one of those thingamajigs they call a "droid"...so, I figured what the heck, it's free, right? So, I have a new phone.


It took me 3 days to actually make a phone call, and wonder of wonders, I finally figured out how to transfer my pictures (I started figuring out how to use the camera before the phone features) to my computer, just now...so, my first attempts with a camera cell phone are from my strolls with Rainey, yesterday and this evening.




This is Rainey at her new favorite pastime. She found out that squirrels like to hide (or live?) in this grate on the side of the building in our local park. So, every time we go over there, Rainey pulls on the leash until we go there, and she will stay exactly as she is in the picture as long as I am willing to let her. Well, except once in awhile she gets excited and starts pawing and nosing at the grate.


This is another favorite pastime, staring through this fence along Foster Avenue at a rabbit that seems to regularly be there, and seems to know that Rainey can't get at it...As you can see in the background (below), the rabbit lives at the home of the North Park University Vikings...and since I like to think I'm "from" Minnesota, I find that comforting...


Normally, I'm not too big on standing around on Foster Avenue, but on beautiful Spring evenings, it's not so bad...


Nonetheless, we (ok, I) couldn't stand there all night, so we headed off to Rainey's favorite pastime of all...water...




You might think Rainey was heading back towards me, because I called her away from the ducks...but you'd be wrong. She's just messing around and doesn't care two figs for ducks. Can't tell you why. Any sort of fury land-bound critter she's all over. I even managed to get her mildly interested in some geese in the park, one time. But, for the most part, if it flies, Rainey gives no indication that she is even aware of its existence. Guess she's not a bird dog. If, however, it's a raccoon, deer, squirrel, cat...she'll track it down before you have the least idea anything is there.

Oh yeah, Mom and I agreed the phone sound quality is really pretty good...

Comments

Popular Posts