The Juices of Coq au Vin

A couple months ago, I decided to buy the cookbook All About Braising, after reading positive reviews of it online. As my first experiment with braising, I decided to try coq au vin, but I didn't comprehend how involved the project was going to be. Hours later--and after several fruitless trips to butchers and grocery stores looking for slab bacon--I was finally done. I was proud of myself, so I decided to take a picture of the finished dish.

Today, as I was browsing through the pictures I took of the coq au vin, I noticed something cool. As I adjusted my camera's setting for the low light in my kitchen, the coq au vin was cooling, allowing juices to spread across the plate. If you scroll through them quickly, it's almost like watching a primitive movie:










Comments

Popular Posts