Mid-Winter Yard Update, Part V

Here is a bud forming on Corylopsis spicata:

I planted this Escallonia illinita on the boulevard strip. Afterwards, I read that the flowers of this particular escallonia have a deep rich smell that has been likened to that of a pigsty. It hasn't flowered yet, so I can't comment, but I hope it doesn't give the neighbors the wrong impression when they are walking by my house:

I planted another Chilean plant out on the front strip--Luma apiculata--but as a relative of myrtle, this one is supposed to have a much more pleasant smell. It's now growing vigorously:

Rounding out my collection of ericaceous plants (after the enkianthus, arbutus and rhododendron) is the Arctostaphylos manzanita 'St. Helena' in my front yard, which I think is about to shoot out some blooms

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts