Camellia Truncata, Daphne Genkwa and Clematis Armandii at Dusk

Camellia truncata.  I just planted this camellia; and, from what I can tell, no picture of the species is available on the internet.  So for the sake of the public good, here is a Camellia truncata in bloom, albeit a very small one.


I've been enjoying the walk up to my house over the past couple days, with both Daphne genkwa and Clematis armandii at the height of their annual show.  


Here is a close-up of the Daphne genkwa flowers.  Each of the past two years, a steady rainstorm has come through and flattened the daphne's flowers just as it begins to bloom.  So there's one advantage to the dry winter we've had this year.  


The full Daphne genkwa bush.  According to Wikipedia, this daphne, or 芫花 in Chinese, is one of the fifty fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine.


It was quickly getting dark as I tried to take one last close up of the clematis blossoms.

Comments

Popular Posts