Lessons Learned (Maybe)


I bought a columbine, at Home Depot, rather late in the Spring. It doesn't seem to be doing very well. Granted, it got pretty hot, pretty fast, not long after I bought it. And it's in full sun. And it has been extremely dry here this Spring. Tried to keep watering, but it just keeps declining.

Straight behind the columbine is a common bluestar, I like those a lot, and I'm thinking I might need more. To the right is the Cardinal flower, and to the left is the Jacob Cline bee balm. I know we're supposed be using the fancy latin names around here, but I'm too lazy to look them up. Though, the one I do seem to remember for whatever reason is the lobelia cardenalis.

Ok, fine, googling isn't that hard: Monarda didyma 'Jacob Cline', Amsonia tabernaemontana (common bluestar), and Aquilegia (columbine). If that's not right, blame Google.


Below is my new rose mallow (Hibiscus 'Midnight Marvel'). I was skeptical about getting one at first, but when it arrived, I really liked it, with the different shades of color. 

Unfortunately, I knocked off one of the larger stems moving the hose around, so it doesn't look quite as full, now. However, lesson learned, I hope, trying to be extremely careful around it, now. 


 

Comments

  1. Bad news on the columbine, it's pretty much gone, turned to brown twigs, and then something apparently ran it over, I suspect squirrel. So it was just laying flat on the ground. I pruned it to the ground, but it's still just there for now. Will it come back next year? Maybe next year I could move it to a more propitious location?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts